Western State Colorado University
600 N. Adams Street
Gunnison, CO 81231
Fax: (970) 943-2363
Financing Your Education: Scholarships
The College Opportunity Fund
The College Opportunity Trust Fund (COF) provides a stipend to eligible Colorado residents attending a Colorado public or participating private institution.
Students wishing to use these funds toward the cost of undergraduate, in-state tuition must apply for the College Opportunity Fund and authorize Western State to access the funds on your behalf.
Applying for the College Opportunity Fund
Eligible undergraduate students must apply, be admitted and enroll at Western or a participating institution. Both new and continuing students are eligible for the stipend.
Accepting or Declining the COF Stipend
To accept or decline the use of the COF stipend for a term, log on to MyWSCU
- After logging in, go to the "Student Tab"
- Select "Student Records"
- Select "COF Stipend Authorization."
- Select the term you wish to update and click the submit button.
- Check the appropriate box to accept the stipend for the term, for lifetime authorization or to decline.
- Click the submit button.
Need-Based FInancial Aid
Scholarships, Merit Awards
Student Financial Services
- Phone: (970) 943-3085
Fax: (970) 943-3086
Financial Aid Counselors
- Last Names: A-L
Last Names: M-Z
- Current Students: Please include your student ID when corresponding.
- (970) 943-3003